Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Monday 16 January 2012

All change again Hi!.

Been monitoring a bit of JT65-HF and WSPR after the episode with the cameras. After visiting another ham's site and seeing that he had his wspr set up using an ft-897 and signalink interface, it suddenly dawned on me that when I bought my own signalink I also got the data lead suitable for my own ft-897. Therefore I had no excuse but to give it another whirl. I wouldn't have to configure all the jump leads in the Rigblaster after all, so no brain damage there then.

This evening I set up the rig and interface and using the Pro Whip to receive, I have sigs on the wspr waterfall. I don't want to use the whip to transmit eg on 20 metres as it would screw up my sstv reception, which is now switched to the Satellit 750 incidentally. Never the same set up five minutes here Hi!.

I have an Arno Cobra antenna designed especially for 40 metres, so that's the band I will conentrate on re wspr. So that's tomorrows activity sorted. Put the antenna up and try squirting some wpsr into it. Being a weak signal mode It's concidered bad form to exceed 5 watts, so I'll be sticking to that.

22:05 Calling it a day radio wise I think. Bit of Clint Eastwood (Unforgiven Western) while I sup some tea, then it's the land of nod. Night all!.

No comments:

Post a Comment