Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Got to thinking last night, wonder if I could get something going on 80 metres when 40 goes quiet.

Got a ten metre mag mount on a metal roof used for 10 fm. Don't use it lately, so how about swapping it for an 80 metre antenna?. Could try some jt65-hf and Opera this evening then.

This afternoon I put the 80 metre ant and a spare tri-magmount on the letal roof and used the analyzer to tune it. After I was satisfied with the swr I replaced the 10 metre ant with the 80. All I had to do then was move the feeder from the 10 metre rig to the 897, via an atu. Then I waited 'til dark.

First I tried Opera, which eventually saw me log France and Netherlands, both ways.

Noticing a jt65 trace on the upper end of the waterfall, I switched to that mode and answered F4EFL who gave me -12. The jt65 frequency is 3.576 and the Opera 3.575, which is very handy as I don't even have to retune the antenna. Looks like 80 is where I will park every evening now. Sorted!.

No comments:

Post a Comment