Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Monday 13 February 2012

Been trying to decide for ages whether the MFJ 1025 noise reducer is worth going for. Some 'You Tube' tests seem impressive, while others are not so. It obviously need to be set up right, and with the right antennas to make a significant difference.

The dsp facility on HRD seems to help a lot with the PCR-1000 re Broadcast listening, so I decided to dig out my old MFJ-784B dsp filter to put in line with the DX-394 before the mixer. I use this radio mainly for ssb monitoring, and find the MFJ very helpfull in reducing the qrn. This machine also takes a bit of setting up, but once done it's fine. I think I'll give the 1025 a miss anyway.

SV8QG (Greece), a regular, is my furthest capture today so far on Opera. 1568 miles @ 11:05

No comments:

Post a Comment