Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Friday 3 February 2012

Been wondering what to concentrate on when 20 metres fades in the evenings.

Can't seem to get decent Navtex reception, and Wefax is pretty iffy most times too. I see some guys are into very low frequency Opera, ie 136 and 500 khz. I know I have too much qrn on 5oo, but I might have a go at monitoring 136 this evening. Don't hold out much hope with the modest long wire I have.

I noticed today, that digital repeater GB7MM at Westbourne (between Poole and Bournemouth) has been ok'd, but is not yet operational. Thinks!..I wonder if I should get my D-Star rig and white stick set up ready for some possible action. Bought the IC-E2820 spacifically for digital operation, but never had a nibble in over five years in the periods I've had it running.

Looking at the coverage map, I am on the extremes. However, if we have a lift I could be in with a chance. Then again, once the repeater became known to be active it might entice others to take the plunge, therefore increasing the chances of direct contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment