Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Thursday 15 May 2014

Only meant to get the gear together before going out, but found myself strapping it all together and firing it up. Here are the stations that have received me. (G0PEB is right on top of me on the map..Isle Of Wight station). Closed down until return from town, then fired up again. Seems the best times to tx are early morning and evening. During the day all I get is the same small group of EU stations over and over.

Problem that has cropped up. When transmitting (using lap top and IC-718) I screw up reception on the desk top using HDSDR via the dongle.  Obviously the tx'd rf from the loop is hitting the long wire and the dongle is chilled. Everything freezes on the desk top.  Understandably.  Oh well, looks like I'll have to allocate times to each.  First and last thing I'll fire up the wspr, then during the day I'll use the dongle for general listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment